Our Linguistic Services team is responsible for the correct and stylistically appropriate translation and editing of texts on the topic of intellectual property in the relevant mother tongue (French, Italian and English). These include demanding legal texts, documents for national and international specialists as well as print and online publications. In addition, it establishes in-house terminology in this field and coordinates translation and editing work.
Your main tasks
- Translating texts from German and French into English from all areas of the IPI's activities using language technology tools (including machine translation).
- Quality control of internal and external translations.
- Copy editing of English texts written by non-native speakers.
- Compiling and verifying in-house terminology for the English language, as well as deputising for the terminologist.
- Coordinating translation and editing assignments.
- Quality control of the IPI's English website content in the content management system.
- English mother tongue (preferably British English) with an excellent command of German and French.
- Degree in translation (MA) or equivalent training, supplemented with several years of professional experience as a specialist translator, as well as a knowledge of terminology.
- Team and service-oriented.
- An independent and diligent method of working and a confident writing style.
- Organisational skills and flexibility with regard to the fluctuating volume of work, as well as the evolving work environment and job profile of the translator.
Working at the IPI
Your applicationSwiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property
Mr Matthias Schmid, Deputy Human Resources Manager
Stauffacherstrasse 65/59g, CH-3003 Bern
direct line +41 31 377 75 73, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Close of applications: 22 June 2021
You can find further information about the tasks of the IPI and our attractive employment conditions at www.ipi.ch.
Shape your future with us. We look forward to meeting you!