Expert in biotechnology
Your main tasks
Applying your profound knowledge of biotechnological methods and patent expertise, which you will develop as part of our extensive training programme, to provide services concerning intellectual property to our customers at home and abroad. This includes, in particular:
- Independently carrying out patent and technology searches, mostly freedom to operate searches and validity searches
- Preparing patent analyses
- Examining patent applications
- Providing information on intellectual property
- A degree in biology, particularly in bioinformatics, biochemistry, molecular biology or a similar specialist field.
- Experience in the field of searching for nucleic acid and amino acid sequences.
- Ideally, a good knowledge of patenting.
- Very good knowledge of German (working language) and English. French and other languages an advantage.
- An independent, reliable, precise and pragmatic method of working.
- Accustomed to successfully prioritising many tasks and working on them in parallel.
- Flexible and decisive.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV, letters of reference, etc.) to the following address:
Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property, Mr Matthias Schmid, Deputy Human Resources Manager, Stauffacherstrasse 65/59g, CH-3003 Bern, direct line +41 31 377 75 73, email email@example.com
You can find further information about the tasks of the IPI and our attractive employment conditions at www.ipi.ch and www.ip-search.swiss.
We are looking forward to meeting you.