Natural Scientist or Engineer
We provide services in the field of intellectual property to our diverse customer base consisting of patent attorneys, industrial enterprises, individual inventors, as well as educational establishments and research institutions. You will have the opportunity to consolidate your knowledge and skills in a technically diverse and challenging environment, to acquire and expand your knowledge of intellectual property and professional search engines and databases, as well as to actively participate in the examination of national patent applications and supplementary protection certificates.
Your main tasks
- Carrying out patent and technology searches, mainly freedom-to-operate searches and validity searches, as well as patent analyses.
- Examining patent applications in your specialist field.
- Providing services, e.g. providing information within the scope of assisted patent searches on the state of the art, answering telephone enquiries or giving training courses and participating in conferences at home and abroad.
- Sharing knowledge internally in order to retain and foster technical and patent knowledge at both team and division level.
- University degree, preferably in pharmacy, chemistry, materials science, bioinformatics, chemical engineering or mechanical engineering.
- Preferably with several years of professional experience in the field of patents with a strong focus on carrying out patent searches in relevant databases.
- German, French or Italian mother tongue with a very good command of at least one of the other languages as well as English (working language is German). Other languages are an advantage (particularly Korean, Chinese, Japanese or Russian).
- An independent, reliable, precise and pragmatic method of working.
- Accustomed to successfully prioritising many tasks and working on them in parallel.
- Flexible, decisive and customer-oriented.
Working at the IPI
Your applicationSwiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property
Mr Matthias Schmid, Deputy Human Resources Manager
Stauffacherstrasse 65/59g, CH-3003 Bern
direct line +41 31 377 75 73, email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find further information about the tasks of the IPI and our attractive employment conditions at www.ipi.ch.
Shape your future with us. We look forward to meeting you!