Pharmacist or Chemist
We provide services in the field of intellectual property to our diverse customer base consisting of patent attorneys, industrial enterprises, individual inventors, as well as educational establishments and research institutions. You will have the opportunity to consolidate your knowledge and skills in a technically diverse and challenging environment, to acquire and expand your knowledge of intellectual property and professional search engines and databases, as well as to actively participate in the examination of national patent applications and supplementary protection certificates.
Your main tasks
- Carrying out patent and technology searches, mainly freedom-to-operate searches and validity searches, as well as patent analyses (patent analytics).
- Providing services in the field of patents, e.g. providing information within the scope of assisted patent searches on the state of the art, answering telephone enquiries and giving training courses, as well as participating in conferences at home and abroad.
- Sharing knowledge internally in order to retain and foster technical and patent knowledge at both team and division level.
- University degree in the field of pharmacy, chemistry or equivalent.
- Several years of professional experience in the field of patents with a strong focus on carrying out patent searches in relevant databases.
- Knowledge in the field of pharmaceutical research and possibly in the area of regulatory affairs, which would be an advantage.
- French or German mother tongue with a very good knowledge of the other language, as well as excellent English language skills.
- An independent, reliable, precise and pragmatic method of working.
- Accustomed to successfully prioritising many tasks and working on them in parallel.
- Flexible, decisive and customer-oriented.
Working at the IPI
Your applicationSwiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property
Mr Matthias Schmid, Deputy Human Resources Manager
Stauffacherstrasse 65/59g, CH-3003 Bern
direct line +41 31 377 75 73, email email@example.com
You can find further information about the tasks of the IPI and our attractive employment conditions at www.ipi.ch.
Shape your future with us. We look forward to meeting you!